Saturday, October 23, 2010

The birthday party

All 14 kids came.  ALL 14! they were age 4 and 5.  Oh my goodness! What a party! I arrived at 4 to set up the party.  This included filling balloons, setting out place mats, making crowns, and decorating the place to a five year olds satisfaction.  They came at five, the place was pretty much ready by then.  I introduced myself to the mother as her party host, and asked how she wanted the outline of the party.  When the kids came, I took all 14 kids orders, giving them the choice between hamburgers, cheeseburgers, or chicken nuggets, with the choice of French fries or apple dippers, and a choice of chocolate milk, apple juice, or soda, and took down there name.  it took me about 5 mins to go around to each child and take their order, and an additional 10 mins to assemble all correctly by myself.  (Granted, I was doing it by myself.) I then gave the order to each child in happy meal buckets with their name on it.  they continued to play, and the mother then wanted me to give them cake and ice cream, which I did.  (McDonalds provides everything for the birthday parties.  Including a cake with Ronald McDonald on it.) I lit the candles and divided the cake.  Well, usually a McDonalds birthday is scheduled for 2 and a half hours, she scheduled hers for an hour and a half.  With a 2 and a half hour party, this includes a tour of the store, and me playing games with them.  But, because she ended up giving me an hour less than what I originally planned for, she was angry that I did not get everything done she wanted done in the hour and a half she gave me.  "You'll learn from your mistakes next time." THE NERVE!! I was upset at the comment, and shoved cake in her face!! JUST KIDDING.  But I did want to.  ;) Note to people out there.  Even though we are fast food workers, and not a nice fancy sit down resturaunt, DOES NOT GIVE ANYONE THE RIGHT TO TREAT US LIKE CRAP!! WE WORK OUR BUTTS OFF! ---- Note to the public.

No comments:

Post a Comment